1. Literature: Set yourself a goal for example something like 52 books in one year, and let the reading begin. A helpful website to use during this resolution would be Goodreads.com it allows you to make a list of books you have read as well as a list of books you would like to read. It’s an easy way to keep track of your goal. It is also a good place to read reviews from other everyday readers.
2. Relationship: This year become more intentional with your relationship with Christ, whether that’s finding a time and place for daily devotion/prayer, becoming more aware when it comes to Christ's plans for your life, or listening and accepting where Christ would have you serving.
3. Learning: Find something new that sparks your interest. Something you have never tried before and give it a fighting chance. This could mean attempting it more than once before giving up. You never know you might find that you are actually really good at it. Some ideas of things to try horseback riding, surfing, oil painting, piano playing, keeping a journal, learning to speak a new language, gardening, or maybe even simply trying to cook a new dish. Things don’t have to be complicated, just new!
4. Environmental: Make an effort to go green. This can be as big as purchasing a new hybrid car or energy efficient appliances, or as small as unplugging electronics that are not in use. Another simple and easy way is to use less throw away materials like cups, grocery totes. Just keep in mind the 3 R’s “reduce, reuse, and recycle”. For more tips about going green check out the folks over at Planet Green. They have an index full of how to go green tips.
5. Simplify: Get organized and remove all the clutter! This process can be life changing, as it helps reduce stress along with makes life just run a little smoother. Whether you are attempting to get organized at home, office, or at school, who doesn’t want a much simpler life style? For some helpful websites to help you become clutter free and organized, check out Organized Home, Simple Organized Living, and over at Love to Know they have printable To-Do list and lots of tips. All of these websites can help you get started with this decluttering and simplification resolution.