|My Life full of love, joy, thankfulness.....and BOYS!!!|
My life is full of everything little boy. Being the mother of three little boys is most definitely the most changing season of my life. Yet I have never been more satisfied with my life either. Those three little boys bring my life so much joy and love. I love motherhood. I am not always great at it and have made many mistakes over the past ten years. I am sure there will be plenty more where that came from. That’s just part of it I suppose. I have been thinking lately and making a list some things I truly want my boys to know as they go though this life. Things that I can potently and deliberately teach them about life, the world, love and everything in between to help them succeed with living life. It’s very easy to get caught up in the day to day life and often times we forget the larger picture. Someday our children will be adults and our actions, responses, and voices will have had a significant impact on molding their character. So, I made the following list to help myself remember to be intentional and purposeful with my sons. The list is composed of 25 + 1 things I want my sons to know. I thought 25 was a good number, and well I went over one….so it’s 25+1!
1. Jesus is love….There is no other way to love or be loved other than through Jesus Christ. Real and true love comes from the source of love. It doesn’t just take knowledge of Christ, but it takes relationship with Him to fully function in the true potential of love. There is a difference between religion and a spirit filled life.
2. Kindness is not overrated. It is not true. Nice guys do not always finish last. Showing kindness, as simple as that is, builds good character.
3. Girls are beautiful yes, but they are also intelligent and strong. They always deserve your respect. At no point are they to be treated as property or less than you.
|True Love is Powerful and Moving|
4. Love is not about convenience. Love is about truth, sacrifice, long suffering, and compromise. Love puts others first.
|Real People, Real Role Models|
5. Choose your role models wisely. Role models are not celebrities. Role models are the people within your circles that are pouring into your lives. Your Uncles, teachers, principles, coaches, pastors, grandparents, father…..etc.
|All Ways Be You...it's okay to not fit in....Embrace who God wants you to be!!!|
6. Geek, nerd, smart are not bad words. If you are smart, embrace that. If your friends are smart, embrace them. Smart never goes out of style.
|Never Stop Learning|
7. Knowledge is something you never stop collecting. READ! It is a source of growth.
|Be A Friend to have A Friend|
8. Friendship is valuable. Be loyal and dependable. Choose wisely your friendships. It is better to have deep friendships with few. Than shallow friendships with many.
9. It’s okay to make mistakes. Walk in grace and forgiveness. No one is perfect.
10. Aim……Always aim no one wants to clean up behind the toilet bowl when you miss.
|Enjoy Your Childhood|
11. Don’t try to grow up too fast. You really only have one childhood.
12. Be thankful. Thankfulness turns to joy and joy makes love easier and love makes the world go around.
|Don't Be Shy....Let Your Voice Be Heard|
13. Let your voice be heard. Don’t be afraid to speak. Your opinion matters, your knowledge matters, your voice matters. People who change the world don’t set quietly in the corner.
14. It is okay to get beat by a girl. They are allowed to be competitive and athletic!
15. Sore losing doesn’t look good on anyone. Always be a classy loser shake hands with a smile and say congratulations.
16. Money is not the most important thing in the world. People are!!!
17. All the trends are not stylish and you can choose not to be trendy!
18. Trust yourself…..because I really do believe in you and what you are capable of.
|Being a Brother is like Being a Superhero.....Only Better!|
19. Brotherhood is not be taken lightly. You are forever intertwined in one anothers lives. So choose to take care of one another equally.
|Truly Laugh Out Loud|
20. Remember to laugh. Laughter looks great on everyone.
21. Be teachable.
|Tears are a part of Life, and that is OKAY!!|
22. It really is okay to cry no matter how old you are. Sometimes life hurts and sometimes tears of joy deserve to flow freely.
|Learning About Bravery ever so Young|
23. Bravery is not about being unafraid. It’s about being scared and still having the courage to go on.
24. Listen! Life is not all about you and the world does have other people in it. So take the time to be a good listener to people around you!
|I Will ALWAYS love you...Kool-aid smiles and all!!|
25. Remember your roots and that I will always love you!
26. LOVE BIG